Monday, April 28, 2008

Thailand fourteen






goodbye AC, clean towels, toilet paper, hot water, flushing toilets, roofs over bathrooms, chlorine, entourage of friends. hello again street food, bed full of inindentifiable insects, lizards on my ceiling, lizard feces in my bed, and cheap accomodation. it was nice having these amazing things back in my life but it is also nice to leave them again. life is once again very simple, a practice that i would highly reccommend everyone to invite into their own lives even if with the smallest of changes. do you really need a bigger house, a nicer car, expensive jeans? with torrential rain storms here i am left to comtemplate the world in which we are all are living in a hammock, on my bungalow porch, next to a chicken farm, on a moutain side, on an island, in thailand. this is probably not a fair place to make such an assessment but it is what it is.

the chicken farm is not peaceful neighbor, when given such a ridiculously cheap rate on the bungalow from the crazy burmese lady i thought that i was the winner. after hundreds of chicken cries at 430am of my first morning i realize that it was me who was played for a fool. i have searched my room high and dry for grenades, guns, rocket launchers, even a stupid sling shot. anything to kill atleast a quarter of these chickens that now rule my awakening. but i realize that i am not in cambodia anymore and these weapons are no longer accessible. all i can do is continue to order chicken from the menu knowing that i taste the blood of my neighbors with every bite into their relatives flesh. laugh at me now crazy burmese lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home